Discount Health Benefits
The Health Co-Op provides members access to important medical services. These services are applicable for members and their families and are easy to use including:
- AETNA Dental Access®– Members save 15% to 50%* in most instances at over 132,000** dental practice locations across the U.S. Services include cleanings, x-rays, fillings, root canals and crowns.
- Prescription Drug Plan – Members can save from 10% to 85% on name brand and generic prescriptions at over 60,000 select pharmacies nationwide.
- Coast to Coast Vision – This program offers members 10% to 60% off eyeglasses, contact lenses (excluding disposables), and other retail eyewear items as well as 10% to 30% off eye examinations and 40 to 50% off the national average on LASIK, where available.
- HearUSA – With this plan, you can save 15% on the latest digital hearing aids, including a wide range of small, discrete and sophisticated models. Members will also receive savings on options and accessories, no-charge follow up care with any hearing aid purchase, free hearing aid batteries (16 cells) with any hearing aid purchase.
- Laboratory and Imaging Services –Members can save 20% to 80% off of retail pricing on a wide variety of important health and wellness blood chemistry tests. Confidential results are online in as little as 24 hours for most tests. NextImage Direct provides high-quality, low-cost solutions with direct savings of 15% to 75% on MRI and CT Scans. They also offer same day or next day scheduling, a large credentialed nationwide network with results sent to physician within 48 hours of test.
- SavRx (Mail-order) – An important part of a prescription drug savings plan is the mail services option. Save 30% to 70% on mail order medications. You can use the mail order service anytime, but it is most convenient when ordering medication taken on a regular basis.
- UNI-CARE Chiro (Chiropractic) – This plan can save members 20% to 40% on regular chiropractic fees at participating chiropractors across the country. Services include consultations, exams, x-rays, diagnostic services, follow up treatments and more.
- UNI-CARE CAM (Complementary and Alternative Medicine) – This member benefit helps members save 20% on Complementary and Alternative Medicine including acupuncture, chiropractic care, massage therapy, nutritional counseling, meditation/relaxation and naturopathy.
- Diabetes Care – Your membership includes access to one of the nation’s #1 direct-to-home provider of diabetes testing supplies and includes a FREE glucose meter. This benefits also offers home delivery with free shipping and knowledgeable and courteous customer service representatives.
- Vitamins, Supplements, Personal Care & Pet Care – Choose from 2000 products online or by phone with up to 45% savings available.
To search for providers in your area, click here.
*Actual costs and savings vary by provider, service and geographical area.
**As of June 2013.
The discount program provides access to the AETNA Dental Access® network. This network is administered by Aetna Life Insurance Company (ALIC). Neither ALIC nor any of its affiliates offers or administers the discount program. Neither ALIC nor any of its affiliates is an affiliate, agent, representative, or employee of the discount program. Dental providers are independent contractors and not employees or agents of ALIC or its affiliates. ALIC does not provide dental care or treatment and is not responsible for outcomes.
Health Co-Op Disclosure: The Health Co-Op is not insurance. The Ancillary Benefits including Discount Health Benefits are not a qualified health plan under the Affordable Care Act (ACA); however, Health Care Sharing through Samaritan Ministries satisfies the Individual Mandate within the ACA. The IRS will provide a special form that, as a member, you will file with your taxes beginning with the 2014 return where you will report that you are a member of Samaritan Ministries. If you are not required to file a tax return, you won’t need to do anything.
Discount Health Benefits Disclosure: This plan is NOT insurance. This is not a qualified plan under the Affordable Care Act (ACA). Some services may be covered by a qualified health plan under the ACA. This plan does not meet the minimum creditable coverage requirements under M.G.L. c. 111M and 956 CMR 5.00. This is not a Medicare prescription drug plan. The plan provides discounts at certain health care providers for medical services. The plan does not make payments directly to the providers of medical services. The plan member is obligated to pay for all health care services but will receive a discount from those health care providers who have contracted with the discount medical plan organization. The range of discounts will vary depending on the provider type and services provided. The licensed discount medical plan organization is Coverdell & Company, Inc., at 8770 W. Bryn Mawr, Suite 1000, Chicago, IL 60631, 1-800-308-0374. To view a listing of participating providers visit www.my-thc.com. The discount health benefits are not available in Vermont, Alaska, Washington, Rhode Island and Utah at this time. Please check back soon regarding availability in these states.